15 Dec Building Time Management: Establishing Work-Life Balance
Hey everybody, it’s Carly here from Yoga Health Coaching. I am lucky to be talking to Marcia Wilson, a fellow Yoga Health Coach. And today, we are going to be discussing time management, which is something that is so important to so many. It can be a struggle, especially for Marcia and myself: we are moms, we are building businesses, and we have a lot going on.
I love talking to different members of this program about how you get through the day, and how you make all the pieces fit together. So tune in for some brief and helpful tips on how to make the most of the time you have in your day!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why getting enough sleep may be the next step for upleveling your business
- How to gain better calendar integrity
- Why you should block self-care into your calendar
- The 12 Week Year
- Plan Your 2018 with Cate Stillman
- Have a Career Conversation with Grace Edison
- David Allen’s Getting Things Done
- Best Self Journal
- Google Calendar
- The Art of Self-Care
- Get your Kira Grace’s the NEW Romance Strut Collection
- 6:30 – Sometimes it simply comes down to getting enough sleep! Sleep can help improve decision-making and mental clarity, and decrease anxiety, overwhelm, and being swayed by negative outside influences.
- 9:15 – Having a set routine makes decision-making much easier: by establishing a routine to do without thinking about it, you can leave the rest of your decision-making energy for problem-solving in your business.
- 15:00 – Make sure you only plan the things you know you’ll be able to get done in a day. If you always plan too many things than you can get done, you may fall into a cycle of breaking commitments.
- 19:00 – Use your calendar to create work-life balance: include time for you and create boundaries that protect yourself and your life. You, your family, your friends, and your clients will thank you for it.
- “Our ability to make good decisions is limited throughout the day.” – Marcia Wilson
- “That which gets scheduled gets completed.” – Carly Banks
- “You don’t want to create a cycle where you’re not doing the things you’re committing to.” – Carly Banks
- “If I can see what the week is going to be like already, then I start to make better self-care decisions.” – Marcia Wilson