Six Figure Coaching with Yoga Health Coaching
In this Changemaker Challenge episode, Carly Banks sits down with fellow yoga health coach Dana Skoglund. Dana broke the $100K mark with her yoga health coaching income this year, working an average of 25 hours per week!
Prior to YHC, Dana was making $18K teaching 6-8 yoga classes per week. To try to make more money, she would lead a ton of workshops, but that left her exhausted. Dana now works 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Her evenings and weekends are free to spend with her family, and she loves the freedom of creating her own schedule. Yoga Health Coaching also provides Dana with the freedom to travel because she can work from anywhere.
Dana’s success is due in great part to her ability to understand the value of investing and reinvesting in her self and her business skills. Simultaneously, she’s investing in the growth of the people she can serve. Her goal for next year is to double her income.
With an income that exceeds her basic needs, Dana is able to reinvest in her business skills, design the life she wants to give herself and her family, all while leading others to permanent positive change.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why investing in your business skills is the best investment for you, your family, and the people you serve as a wellness professional.
- How Yoga Health Coaching allows you to design the type of life you want to live.
- How income and impact go hand in hand.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- 0:00 – Carly and Dana live in the same city. Rather than being competitive, they meet up on a bi-weekly basis, share ideas and resources, and collaborate.
- 2:20 – Dana has broken the $100K annual income mark as a yoga health coach! Prior to YHC, Dana was making $18K teaching 6-8 yoga classes per week. To try to make more money, she would lead a ton of workshops, but that left her exhausted. Dana now works 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Her evenings and weekends are free to spend with her family, and she loves the freedom of creating her own schedule.
- 6:50 – Yoga Health Coaching also provides Dana with the freedom to travel because she can work from anywhere. One of the reasons she set her sights on making more money was so she could travel more, and she has been able to do so this past year. Her goal for next year is to double her income.
- 9:00 – Dana’s success is due in great part to her ability to understand the value of investing and reinvesting in herself and her business skills.
- 11:00 – Inspired by Dana’s success, Carly is setting her sights for her own success higher. She knows that investing in her personal and professional growth is the best investment
- “It’s a great combination of having the freedom to be in your home and doing your work at your computer on your own time and then also be out in the community and connect.” — Dana Skoglund
- “I’ve continuously realized I need to invest more in being able to share my work with more people. You can’t just be a good teacher to do that. It takes way more than that.” — Dana Skoglund
- “I could continue to just play comfortable, but growth feels way more interesting.” — Carly Banks
- “When we play small, we’re actually stealing from other people because we’re not helping as many people as we could be helping.” — Dana Skoglund
Dana Skoglund is a Certified Yoga Health Coach, Yoga teacher, and mother of two rambunctious young boys. She’s been studying Yoga since 2000 and teaching since 2004, and she has over 1,000 hours of training in the styles of Jivamukti, Anusara, and Sridaiva. Her desires to take her health and well-being into her own hands and to learn how to keep her family healthy led her to Ayurveda in 2011.
After implementing daily routines from Ayurveda and noticing the profound impacts they had on her energy and happiness, she began coaching clients into these better body habits in 2013. She aims to inspire others about the importance of health habits in crafting the lives of their dreams. Dana is also deeply passionate about travel, adventure, learning, movement of any kind, and the arts.
Carly BanksView All Articles »
The Body Thrive path led Carly to a new and exciting world where all can be accomplished with ease. Adding YHC certification training to work and parenting is proving to be easy, with the right tools. Carly’s shattering old patterns and false beliefs about herself, to become the person that she and her family deserve. Connecting? Connect and hear more about how Carly juggles life as a busy mom at Nourished living.
- Family Values: Growing Your Business with Healthy Home Structures
- Growing Pains: Personal Growth on the Path to Professional Success
- Creating Work/Life Balance with Yoga Health Coaching
- Six Figure Coaching with Yoga Health Coaching
- Structuring Success: Thriving Personally and Professionally with YHC
- YHC – A Proven Business Structure for Successful Custom Course