How to Rebuild from Deep Fatigue and Sleep Loss
Cate talks to Jennifer Allen about her sleep issues. Jen is struggling with staying asleep throughout the night. Cate points out that her cortisol levels are waking her up at the wrong time and not waking her up at the right time. Jen knows she needs deeper sleep to maintain her busy daily lifestyle.
Cate mentions doing a hormone reset to change Jen’s balance from a cortisol stress hormone to a sex hormone balance. She recommends using hormones in combination with urine therapy as a way to create a feedback loop. The goal for Jen is to lower her cortisol levels to get her out of the fight or flight response.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- How to naturally lower cortisol levels.
- How to use urine therapy to create a feedback loop.
- If the body produces stress hormones, its at the expense of sex hormones, and then you are in fight, flight, or freeze mode.
- Your cortisol is waking you up at the wrong time and not waking you up at the right time.
- After using UT, my sleep is so deep, no issues at all!
- 3:04-3:35 My sleep issues started 20 years ago.
- 7:26-9:21 Resetting hormonal balance through urine therapy and upcycling.
- 18:01-19:00 How cortisol is waking you at the wrong time and not waking you at the right time.
- I wake up to an alarm because I am so tired from not sleeping all night. Jen
- My sleep issues started 20 years ago after I had a child. Jen
- On a scale of 1-10, how tired are you? Cate
- Your hormones will upcycle from drinking urine. Cate
- If your body produces stress hormones, its at the expense of your sex hormones and you are in a fight or flight feedback loop.Cate
- I am afraid I won’t be able to do my daily life because of lack of sleep. Jen
- Your mind generates more worry, fear and anxiety – get out of the feedback loop! Cate
- Hardcore people would tell you to do a urine fast for a week to create a feedback loop to reset your hormones. Cate
- Your cortisol is waking you up at the wrong time and not waking you up at the right time. Cate
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- To Bring Forth Again Healthy People, Healthy Cities
- How to Indie Publish for Healers: Behind the Scenes Book Release, Amazon Best Seller
- Health Coaches: How to Do a Coaching Gym
- Health Coaches: Coach Your Pilot Group: Cate with Jeffrey Smith
- Rewild + Revitalize Your Diet with Ayurveda
- Coach of the Month: Leah Petitte