Coach of the Month: Marcella Fulco
Coach of the month, Marcella Fulco, is an MD from Italy who went down the research path to study biochemistry and molecular biology. Her life path has led her to America to work for the National Institute of Health, marriage, and motherhood, teaching yoga, back to Europe, and now to Yoga Health Coaching!
Join in on this informative conversation where Anna gets the inside scoop on Marcella’s unique journey- transitioning from teaching part-time, leading her course in another language, successes her group members are experiences, her future goals for her business model, and so much more.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why it can be nice to have a small community.
- How to modify the course to another language.
- Where to incorporate your unique wisdom into the course.
- Design the Journey You’re Meant to Lead – Lead the Journey for Wellness Pros
- Check out the latest episodes
- Marcella Fulco links:
- Marcella talks about how saying “yes” to new things led her to now.
- Marcella talks about her MD background and bringing science into her course.
- Marcello tells us about her training in Yoga for Stress and Anxiety.
- [4:18 min]- Journey into the YHC business model.
- [8:02 min]- Leading a unique journey from the YHC model.
- [11:05 min]- Adapting the course to another language.
- [13:30 min]- Course members’ experience.
- [17:09min]- Growth goals.
- [22:05 min]- Biggest shifts and breakthroughs
- “I started to feel the pressure that now I needed to transfer this knowledge into the world.”
- “I did the three-month body thrive and it was incredible. I shot through so many of the limiting beliefs that I had.”
- “Just experiment for a few days and you’ll see the results.”
- “Being small, it has benefits because people really know each other and they are sort of becoming friends and really supporting each other in the journey so they don’t feel alone.”
- “I notice that as the confidence grows, the ability to charge more [grows].”
Guest Bio: Marcella Fulco
I graduated with an MD in Palermo, Italy, and right after, during my residency program, I moved to Rome to do research in a laboratory molecular biology. I decided then that my career would be in science and I did a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, which I completed in the States at the NIH (National Institutes of Health), Bethesda Md. I remained at the NIH for 10 years, first as a postdoc and then as a Staff scientist. My family then relocated to San Diego, where I took a pause from working and discovered Yoga, I became a Yoga teacher and a Yoga Therapist.
In 2006 we moved back to Europe, and I live now in Munich, Germany, with my husband and 2 children (12 and 17). I tried to make a living as a Yoga teacher, but it was not so easy, and eventually, I decided to give a spin to my career and I made the leap of faith of joining YHC.
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- Coach of the Month: Suanna Geater
- How to Talk to More Leads: Coaching Gym with Christina Sjoberg
- Product Market Fit for Your Wellness Pro Career
- Coach of the Month: Marcella Fulco
- Next level Wellness Pro: with Emily Glaser, Ayurveda
- Group Membership Coaching: Difficult Members, Difficult Situations