In this Changemaker Career Clarity session, Carly Banks chats with Brodie Welch about the value of establishing a tribe. Brodie is a Yoga Health Coach and Chinese medicine practitioner who has recognized how much easier and faster her clients evolve when they are supported by a group of their peers. As a coach, working with a “tribe” makes her job easier and much more enjoyable and allows her to work from anywhere.
Motivation wanes quickly. To effect real change, you need the support of like-minded people working toward similar goals – a tribe. Within a tribe, people identify their similarities, establish meaningful connections, and support one another on their personal growth paths. As a yoga health coach, leading a tribe makes your job easier and holds you accountable to your own high standards.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How a establishing a tribe makes your job as a yoga health coach so much easier and much more fun.
- Why the YHC annual ticket model is valuable to you and your clients.
- How our tribe helps us overcome our fear of or resistance to identity evolution.
- 3:20 – Motivation wanes quickly. Change happens so much faster when you’re working with a group of people heading towards the same goal.
- 5:00 – The YHC annual ticket model allows new coaching group members to immediately drop into an energy of momentum towards growth, and your clients will see the value in that.
- 6:22 – As coaches, it’s so much easier working with a group of people who support and motivate one another.
- 6:45 – People are craving opportunities to be together, and yoga health coaching lets you provide them with fun ways to do that.
- 7:12 – Yoga health coaching allows you the freedom and mobility to work from anywhere.
- 8:20 – Trying to evolve in our externally oriented, yang-addicted culture requires bringing like-minded people together.
- 9:10 – Women in particular benefit from being part of a tribe because they are able to identify with the circumstances, struggles, and challenges of other women.
- 10:20 – Being part of a tribe gives us permission to evolve our identity.
- 11:40 – As a yoga health coach, leading a group holds YOU accountable to your own high standards.
- 12:50 – As members of the yoga health coaching tribe, we inspire and are inspired by each other.
- “What you do every day makes more of a difference in how you end up feeling than what any practitioner can do in an office visit, no matter how powerful.” — Brodie Welch
- “We have an 85% better chance of reaching our goals if we do things with a group rather than on our own.” — Carly Banks
- “I see self care as a feminist issue.” — Brodie Welch
- “People are able to see themselves in each other, and oftentimes in people with very different life circumstances. — Brodie Welch
- Bringing together this group of like minded individuals who have this same set of goals to get to this point of how they want to feel . . . it’s just such a beautiful thing. — Carly Banks