When “Good Enough” Is No Longer Good Enough
In this Changemaker Challenge Career Clarity Session, Carly Banks sits down with fellow yoga health coach, Mariko Lavender Jones to discuss how the 10 habits of Body Thrive have personally affected her.
Mariko is a yoga teacher, yoga therapist and yoga health coach who has been running her own business since 2006. The habits of Body Thrive have made it easier to strike a balance between work life and home life, between caring for others and self care. By waking before dawn to practice self care, Mariko is able face each day with a positive mindset.
Body Thrive and Yoga Health Coaching help us understand who we are and get grounded in our being. We refine our days and find time for learning and creativity. And there is no endgame. We continue to grow and deepen our practice. We’re not satisfied with “good enough.”
Our goal is “extraordinary.”
If you’re done with “good enough” and ready for “extraordinary,” have a conversation with one of our coaches.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why “good enough” is no longer good enough.
- How the habits of Body Thrive make it easier to strike a balance between self care and caring for others.
- How Yoga Health Coaches find time for learning and creativity while working and caring for their families.
Links Mentioned in Your Episode:
- 2:00 – Since going through Body Thrive, Mariko has aligned her daily activities with the Ayurvedic, or “dosha,” clock in order to maximize her days. She wakes before dawn to practice self care and do some creative journaling. This enables her to face each day with a positive mindset.
- 8:45 – Mariko has been running her own business since 2006. Ayurveda, and particularly dinacharya, makes it easier to strike a balance between work life and home life, between caring for others and self care.
- 11:04 – Having a predominantly vata constitution and having moved from Tokyo to Singapore to London, establishing a daily routine was key to Mariko feeling grounded and focused.
- 13:47 – Body Thrive and Yoga Health Coaching help us understand who we are and get grounded in our being. We refine our days and find time for learning and creativity. And there is no endgame. We continue to grow and deepen our practice.
- “We talk with Cate [Stillman] about the difference between having a life that’s good enough and having a life that’s extraordinary, and I feel like this Ayurvedic shift is the difference.” — Carly Banks
- “Cate talks about spanda, meaning pulsation. . . . In my mind, balance is like this: an infinity mark. If you go to one extreme, you come back to center, and you go to the other extreme and come back to center. You need both, don’t you? All work is not good. All play is not good.” — Mariko Lavender Jones
- “I believe there is no really final end, you know? It’s always changing. We are always changing.” — Mariko Lavender Jones
Mariko discovered her passion for yoga in 1995. After relocating from Tokyo to Singapore in 2002, Mariko gained her ‘Diploma in Teaching the Science and Art of Yoga’, certified by Svastha Yoga and Ayurveda, under the guidance of Sri A G Mohan. When she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005, yoga was a key influence in her journey to recovery.
Mariko continues to study under guidance of her teachers and mentors and completed one the most comprehensive level of yoga therapist training at Functional Synergy Yoga Therapy in June 2016, which is accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Now living in London, Mariko teaches Therapeutic yoga privately, as well as Hatha and Yin group yoga classes, both in English and Japanese. Connect with Mariko on her website and Facebook page.
Carly BanksView All Articles »
The Body Thrive path led Carly to a new and exciting world where all can be accomplished with ease. Adding YHC certification training to work and parenting is proving to be easy, with the right tools. Carly’s shattering old patterns and false beliefs about herself, to become the person that she and her family deserve. Connecting? Connect and hear more about how Carly juggles life as a busy mom at Nourished living.
- Family Values: Growing Your Business with Healthy Home Structures
- Growing Pains: Personal Growth on the Path to Professional Success
- Creating Work/Life Balance with Yoga Health Coaching
- Six Figure Coaching with Yoga Health Coaching
- Structuring Success: Thriving Personally and Professionally with YHC
- YHC – A Proven Business Structure for Successful Custom Course