In this Changemaker Challenge episode, Carly Banks “gets naked” with newly certified yoga health coach, Kelly Gardner.
Before Yoga Health Coaching, Kelly Gardner was teaching A LOT of yoga. She is also a licensed professional counselor offering mental health counseling and yoga therapy. She is gradually replacing time spent in those pursuits with Yoga Health Coaching, including offering her course both online and in clinical settings, working with people who are ready to move forward. Through the habits of vedic tradition, she’s offering her groups fundamental techniques for self-healing when they need it most, emphasizing how healing the body can help heal the mind.
Kelly describes how many people move throughout their days as “having an out-of-body experience” where we get caught up in “shoulds” and other negative self talk. She believes that if we can learn to stop “shoulding” on ourselves, we would understand that we can always start over. Pulsation is part of the healing process and it’s part of habit evolution.
Are you ready to bare it all, and show up as your awesome, supportive, community building self? Time to talk to Grace Edison.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How Yoga Health Coaching can help you stop shoulding on yourself and start enjoying the pulsation of healing body and mind.
- How Yoga Health Coaches show up “naked” for their course members and for each other.
- Why we need to heal the body before we can heal the mind.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Kelly’s website
- Kelly’s Facebook page
- YHC Have a conversation
- Monetize your wellness business with Free 4-video series
- 0:00 – In Yoga Health Coaching, members show up as their true selves: we’re vulnerable; we’re supportive; we’re real.
- 1:55 – Before Yoga Health Coaching, Kelly Gardner was teaching A LOT of yoga. She is also a licensed professional counselor offering mental health counseling and yoga therapy. She is gradually replacing time spent in those pursuits with Yoga Health Coaching, including offering her course in a clinical setting, working with people who are ready to move forward.
- 3:48 – Kelly ran two pilot groups before becoming fully certified as a Yoga Health Coach: one online group with 9 members and one in-person group in an outpatient mental health counseling setting. She has enjoyed running two groups at once and witnessing the transformation of her group members. In her mental health group, she emphasizes how healing the body can help heal the mind.
- 8:00 – Kelly describes how many people move throughout their days as “having an out-of-body experience” where we get caught up in “shoulds” and other negative self talk.
- 10:47 – We’ve all experience some sort of trauma. Pulsation is part of the healing process and it’s part of habit evolution. We need to be able to go into and come out of it as many times as we need to until the process is complete or the habits are automated.
- “The mind follows the body. So we’ve got to get the body feeling best before we can have the mind feeling best.” — Kelly Gardner
- “If we can stop having this all-in-our-minds experience and actually get into the body, we can let go of some of those stories or at least take a time out from them.” — Kelly Gardner
- “Pulsation is a big piece in anything. The reason we can’t take all 10 habits and immediately have it is because we can’t change all that much at once. So we have to be able to go into it and come out of it and go into it and come out of it.” — Kelly Gardner
- “The course, the habits are forgiving. The body is forgiving. We can always start over, but we’ve got to be able to open our minds to that.” — Kelly Gardner
Hi, I’m Kelly Gardner. I’m a Memphis girl. I was born and raised in Memphis and my family has a strong history of working to make this city great. So, I am doing my part as a Licensed Professional Counselor in both Tennessee and North Mississippi. I also serve as a Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT and 500 E-RYT) in clinical mental health settings. When I am on the road, I am leading yoga teacher trainings as a Senior Master Trainer for YogaFit Training Systems or I am leading personal development workshops. I am currently in the thick of my Yoga Health Coaching certification which builds on my previous Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist training. And if you need a personal trainer, I’ve got that covered too.
I believe that yoga is great for EVERYONE and I love introducing people to how yoga can change their lives. (Yes, it can work for you too.)
I am a guide for others to learn how to make strides toward the kind of life they really want to live. I do not believe that anyone was born to be unhappy and it’s my dharma to help others help themselves. Connect with Kelly on her website and facebook page.