Career Clarity: Deep Listening
Today’s episode is a Career Clarity session with Lori McIntosh, hosted by Carly Banks. Lori is a Yoga Health Coach, and an incredibly inspiring person in the YHC community. She works with horses, and clearly has an immense emotional connection to her animals. Watch how emotionally stable Lori is, it’s clear that there’s a connection in doing something that’s bigger than yourself, and having a connection to a species like a horse.
Lori offers a lot of tailored trainings for people in the horseback riding communities. She’s taken what’s offered in Yoga Health Coaching and made it her own, and has come up with some really cool offerings and free talks and things for this riding community.
In the podcast today, Lori and Carly talk about deep listening, and how to use it in order to sell their offerings. Tune in to hear how you too can sell your coaching offerings using something that is easeful and productive without sounding like a salesperson.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to cultivate connection in order to build trust, credibility, and rapport
- Why you want to practice deep listening
- How to create space for your future clients during coaching calls
- 7:45 – When you really listen, you’re being mindful and purposeful. When you practice and perfect deep listening, you become open-minded and nonjudgmental so people can share and see if you’re the right fit for them as a wellness coach.
- 11:20 – ‘Data Mind’ is when you ask questions to get answers that meet your own agenda and needs. Instead, you want to hold space for them. Focusing on them instead of yourself will allow them to share more of their story.
- 13:00 – 7% of words, 35% of tone and pitch, and 58% of body language is comprehended. Because of this, it’s best to have coaching calls in person or over video if you can, and over the phone if you can’t, and really never over email.
- 15:00 – While your conversation may not lead to an immediate sell of your offerings, it will cultivate the connection your potential clients have with you, making them ‘future clients’ rather than ‘never clients.’
- 20:00 – People do want to buy things, especially when they make their lives better. By remembering this, we can take some of the pressure off ourselves and know that if our offering is good enough, people will want to buy it.
- “Sales is not about ‘the pitch.’ It’s about making a connection with the person on the other end of the phone.” – Carly Banks
- “It’s learning to be selfless: you’re just holistically present in a conversation.” – Lori McIntosh
- “So much of the connection is potentially lost just by stepping back to the phone and then to the email.” – Carly Banks
- “Everyone is a future client.” – Lori McIntosh
- “People love to buy.” – Lori McIntosh
Carly BanksView All Articles »
The Body Thrive path led Carly to a new and exciting world where all can be accomplished with ease. Adding YHC certification training to work and parenting is proving to be easy, with the right tools. Carly’s shattering old patterns and false beliefs about herself, to become the person that she and her family deserve. Connecting? Connect and hear more about how Carly juggles life as a busy mom at Nourished living.
- Family Values: Growing Your Business with Healthy Home Structures
- Growing Pains: Personal Growth on the Path to Professional Success
- Creating Work/Life Balance with Yoga Health Coaching
- Six Figure Coaching with Yoga Health Coaching
- Structuring Success: Thriving Personally and Professionally with YHC
- YHC – A Proven Business Structure for Successful Custom Course