Dana Skoglund on Time Management, Delegating, + her YHC Transformation
Tune in and learn how to:
- Make time to do the things that really “light you up”
- Get into a state of flow where you can use your unique talents to boost your business
- Prioritize and use the 80/20 rule for time management to learn where to direct your focus
- Give yourself permission to take time when you’re in a funk—progress will still happen!
In this episode I rap with Dana Skoglund about:
Tips on the transformative power of YHC and how it can help you:
- Manage life now and in the future when things get overwhelming
- Make and follow an organized plan to use time wisely and guide yourself to your goals
- Get out of your own way and feel less emotionally involved to become more productive
- 2:45 — The capacities we build at YHC are totally transformative and lead to better alignment, impact, income, support, and collaboration.
- 5:10 — YHC leads to differences in the realities of our lives. One key way is that we understand the power of delegation in freeing up our time.
- 11:00 — Building your business will always require effort but also offer continued growth. There are things you can do now and in the future to better manage your time and prepare for this growth.
- 13:13 — When you need to slow things down, this is still a great time for planning, prioritizing, and setting goals.
- 19:00 — We need to always be on the lookout for leaders, especially as we shift into new phases of growth.
- 25:40 — Clear communication opens up pathways for and commitment to your and your students’ journeys ahead.
- 31:05 — The support Dana receives in Continuity is completely invaluable.
Link from the Conversation:
Favorite Quotes from the Conversation:
- “I feel like I’ve gotten so much more clear around my niche and my style and my values.”
- “Perfectionism was really what held me back. Part of delegating is being okay with things not being done the way you would exactly do them. But it’s better than not having that support!”
- “It took me a while to be okay with reaching out and investing in support.”
- “There’s always a big long list, but by creating organization within that list…I’m only working on one or two things at a time. And that feels totally doable.”
Dana Skoglund is a Certified Yoga Health Coach, Yoga teacher, and mother of two rambunctious young boys. She’s been studying Yoga since 2000 and teaching since 2004, and she has over 1,000 hours of training in the styles of Jivamukti, Anusara, and Sridaiva. Her desires to take her health and well-being into her own hands and to learn how to keep her family healthy led her to Ayurveda in 2011.
After implementing daily routines from Ayurveda and noticing the profound impacts they had on her energy and happiness, she began coaching clients into these better body habits in 2013. She aims to inspire others about the importance of health habits in crafting the lives of their dreams. Dana is also deeply passionate about travel, adventure, learning, movement of any kind, and the arts.