How to Feast
I usually talk about how to famine. Here is my chance to balance it out with a few tips on how to feast… ayurvedically speaking.
Basics: How to Feast
Thanksgiving is obviously all about the feast. The best way to feast is to fast before the feast.
- Start your day with a thermos of hot water with lemon.
- See how long you can enjoyably last just on how water and lemon.Get in touch with the empty, clarifying effect. Let your deeper hunger awaken.
- If you start to feel uncomfortably hungry, make a quart of green smoothie in a blender, a green juice, or stewed apples. Then, return to hot water with lemon.
- When the feast is ready, pause.
Pause. Pause. Pause.
Absorb the bounty with all 5 of your sense organs.
- Drink in the aromas.
- Hear the chatter and excitement.
- Feel the we-space between you all.
- Receive the vibrant colors and textures on the table with your eyes.
- Taste. Savor. Delight. Taste the love and the effort.
Eat with gratitude for our abundance. Eat the Earth’s abundance and celebrate the connection.
Advanced: How to Feast
Share this and other simple support tools through the Evolve Your Winter Traditions Project. We’re recruiting 500 families looking to upgrade their traditions in line with their values.