How to Indie Publish for Healers: Behind the Scenes Book Release, Amazon Best Seller
Cate first wanted to write a book in her 30’s but didn’t. She wishes she would have because now she will never write about those topics she wanted to write about at that time. Instead, she created tip sheets, blogs, PDFs, and podcasts. While these are all wonderful things, a book “has legs on it”, as Cate states. Having legs on means it’s more permanent, gives more authority, AND prevents us from having to answer the same questions over and over again!
This podcast is all about wearing our Creation Crown! In order to put on our Creation Crown, we must recognize the difference between creating and curating: Creators are those who have the original idea and bring it into existence while Curators are the organizers and sharers of ideas already created. Both roles are creative endeavors and equally important in the sharing of helpful information. The key is knowing the difference between the two and owning which one you are!
On this podcast, you will get a behind-the-scenes look at Cate’s publishing process and steps to start organizing your content toward the book writing process!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Are you a creator or curator?
- How the creative process works.
- How to use SEO (Search Engine Optimizers) vs. artful language.
- How to repurpose and organize content towards writing a book
- The difference between creating vs. curating
- Cate talks about the writing process of her first book in a weekend workshop.
- Cate explains her newer, streamlined book writing process.
- 1:00 – Elizabeth Gilbert's book, Big Magic for the creative process to find voice, convictions, and content.
- 3:25 – The creative process and what works.
- 8:00 – Looking at Six Figure Yoga Teacher on amazon as a highly developed lead generation tool.
- 12:30 – Repurposing content for your book.
- 13:45 – Book launching! Hiring help, sponsored ads, getting reviews.
- 19.50 – Publishing on Audible and Kindle
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Secrets of the Six Figure Yoga Teacher: a step-by-step guide on super-charging your wellness business
- Big Magic. Finding our voice and convictions to create content
- When you are leading a journey you are creating content.
- Nothing wrong with being a curator, just do it!
- As someone who is guiding the journey and leading the experience, part of that if you are more of a curator content manager what you are doing is saying pay attention to this now and by doing that you are adding value.
- This is the dirtbagger Indie Author way of organizing for those of you who are creators, organizing thought leadership into something that has legs on it.
- Things that used to take a really long time, they don’t need to.
- There is no way out of being a curator or creator.
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- Negotiating the YHC Fast Track with Flailing Arms and Joyful Screams
- Therapists: How to Niche + Expand Your Reach with Annie Schuessler
- Troubleshooting Enrollment Customer Journey
- Coach of the Month: Suzanne McCahill Perrine
- To Bring Forth Again Healthy People, Healthy Cities
- How to Indie Publish for Healers: Behind the Scenes Book Release, Amazon Best Seller