Personal Thrive with the 10 Habits of Body Thrive!
In this Changemaker Challenge episode, Carly Banks sits down with Chantel Alcaraz, a yoga health coach in training, to talk about her experience with Body Thrive.
Chantel started traveling at the age of 22. For 12 years, she explored the world. Life was good, but yet, something was amiss. She eventually realized that with all of her traveling, she was having trouble connecting to her inner rhythm. Like many of us, Chantel was settling for feeling “good” or “okay,” until she started to suspect the potential for more. Even while studying and teaching ayurveda in India, she had trouble applying and transferring the knowledge in a way that was relatable, digestible, and DOable.
Chantel’s experience in Body Thrive gave her the tools she was missing for thrive. Her life went from super cool to incredible. She’s grounded, clear, and able to receive (and to pass on) the ancient traditions of Ayurveda and yoga using tools so simple to implement, her body is breathing sighs of relief. She knows now that all of her experiences prepared her for Yoga Health Coaching.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How Body Thrive makes the habits of Ayurveda simple and digestible.
- How the Body Thrive habits free up time and energy and allow us to get beyond the stress of day to day living.
- How Body Thrive teaches us what our bodies already know.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- 2:00 – Chantel started traveling at the age of 22. For 12 years, she explored the world. Part of her time was spent in India, learning ayurveda and yoga. She eventually realized that with all of her traveling, she was having trouble connecting to her inner rhythm. She knows now that all of her experiences prepared her for Yoga Health Coaching.
- 5:30 – Like many of us, Chantel was settling for feeling “good” or “okay,” until she started to suspect the potential for more. Even while studying and teaching ayurveda in India, she had trouble applying and transferring the knowledge in a way that was relatable and digestible. She found that Body Thrive does that in a way that taps in to what our bodies already know.
- 10:00 – Rather than taking up more time, the habits of Body Thrive free up time and create space for us to get beyond the stress of daily living. Chantel has found a different, easeful mindset with her daily self care routine. She feels lighter and clearer. Even on the occasions when she strays from the habits, she’s able to bounce back quickly. And the longer she continues to practice the habits, the more insightful she is about what makes her body feel its best.
- 16:50 – Body Thrive has changed Chantel’s relationship with food. She no longer feels controlled by the highs and lows of blood sugar, and she’s grateful for the more relaxed approach she takes toward eating.
- “If I did not have the basic, foundational habits of an Ayurvedic lifestyle under my belt, there is no way that I could run a business. I couldn’t show up for myself the way that I need to. I couldn’t show up for my family. Couldn’t find balance. Couldn’t honor my priorities.” — Carly Banks
- “I do know that that movement and that lack of having any structure or rhythm in my daily life really kind of ran havoc on my body.” — Chantel Alcaraz
- “I was settling for ‘good’ when there’s really much more potential.” — Chantel Alcaraz
- “We already know these things. We just forgot how to be in rhythm because we’re so busy.” — Chantel Alcaraz
Chantel Alcaraz is the founding owner and mentor at Abhasa Yoga and Wellness in Mosier, Oregon. She took her first yoga class at the age of 18, resisting each and every moment.
She wanted to run, or hike or bike, not just sit and “waste” her time on the mat. Fifteen years later, Chantel can’t imagine her life without her practice, her awareness and understanding, her love for nature. She sees herself in the world and the world in herself. That is what aims to share.
Carly BanksView All Articles »
The Body Thrive path led Carly to a new and exciting world where all can be accomplished with ease. Adding YHC certification training to work and parenting is proving to be easy, with the right tools. Carly’s shattering old patterns and false beliefs about herself, to become the person that she and her family deserve. Connecting? Connect and hear more about how Carly juggles life as a busy mom at Nourished living.
- Family Values: Growing Your Business with Healthy Home Structures
- Growing Pains: Personal Growth on the Path to Professional Success
- Creating Work/Life Balance with Yoga Health Coaching
- Six Figure Coaching with Yoga Health Coaching
- Structuring Success: Thriving Personally and Professionally with YHC
- YHC – A Proven Business Structure for Successful Custom Course