28 Feb Success Follows Structure – How to Juggle with Paula Pister
In this Changemaker Challenge episode, Carly Banks chats with Yoga Health Coach Paula Pister about the evolution of her habits and her career. As a yoga teacher, actor, and mother of two with a husband who's on the road a lot, Paula was struggling to make it all flow. She felt overwhelmed, stuck, resentful, and angry. Then the bottom dropped out with the loss of her dad, and with him, the loss of engagement in conversations surrounding growth, self-reflection and introspection.
Paula found Yogahealer and went through Yogidetox with Cate. It piqued her interest in yoga health coaching, and she started YHC in 2016. Despite feeling like a fish out of water, Paula started to see a different path for herself, one that was better for both her and her family. Through YHC, Paula regained the connection with mindfulness and spirituality that she had lost with her dad.
In YHC, Paula learned numerous tools to help her structure her busy life. By dialing in her morning and evening routines, and architecting her day to put her self-care first, Paula has found the flow. She is proud to be gifting her children with a strong foundation of self-care. She now offers programs to other creatives in Los Angeles, with a deep, personal understanding of the need for structure in the lives of those who wear many hats.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to focus and amplify your creativity through structure and self care.
- Why working on your self is crucial to the success of your career.
- What you can do reduce overwhelm and increase flow in your life and in your career.
- Have a Conversation with Grace
- Detox with us this spring
- Body Thrive
- Catch Your Dream to Live Your Life at the Next Level
- Connect with Paula on Facebook
- 2:30 – Often wellness pros, and people in general are just running around in a state of overwhelm, trying to juggle career and family and trying get things done with no real plan and no set schedule.
- 6:30 – When loss occurs in the midst of daily overwhelm, it can cause us to re-evaluate our current path and find a new, better way of living.
- 10:40 – For yoga teachers, work is often disjointed and time consuming, and the income isn’t enough. By contrast, yoga health coaching provides a structure that leverages your time so that effort and income start to align.
- 12:15 – Learning the ten habits of Body Thrive and structuring your day around them allows you to prioritize and fine tune your to-do list, while allowing time for creativity and expansion that creates a sense of ease and reduces stress and overwhelm.
- 17:15 – Taking care of yourself teaches your kids healthy self-care habits.
- 20:30 – The Awake Living course expands on YHC, teaching scheduling integrity and finding routines that work for you and your family.
- “It’s loving for ourselves. We’re taking care of ourselves when we’re not putting ourselves deliberately in those situations where the stress response is triggered.” — Paula Pister
- “Now I see a different path for myself. And it’s healthier for my family.” — Paula Pister
- “We’re still a work in progress, but at least we’re working on it.” — Carly Banks
- “Your story is a gift to others, and your transformation is knowledge for others. And by not sharing that, you’re really doing the world a disservice.” — Carly Banks
Yoga Health Coach Paula Pister-Eliott began acting as a teenager in Vancouver, BC. When her heart spoke, she listened and moved to New York city to further pursue her career in acting. While living in New York in her twenties, Paula found yoga and met her husband. After 9/11 she and her husband moved to LA where she continued to teach yoga, and act. Along the way she became a mom. The sudden and unexpected death of her father brought everything to a screeching halt. Now coping with the loss of her father who had been an inspiring and motivating force in her life, Paula went looking for something. The loss ultimately led her to profound personal transformation and a discovery of “solid ground” in hot habits of Body Thrive and Yoga Health Coaching. Now Paula mentors other coaches and embraces daily habits that enable her to live a fuller, more connected life. Paula uses what she’s learned to structure family time and her schedule as well.
Her story inspires professional healers to follow their heart’s calling. Paula did this over and over throughout her life. She now coaches actors, musicians and artists in the habits of Body Thrive. In her words, “Artists are the most courageous people. You have to lay your heart out on the line.”