To Bring Forth Again Healthy People, Healthy Cities
Anna Berkelmans speaks with Jaime Hogan, an architectural urban designer, and strategic planner. Jaime, who is also a yoga and meditation instructor, holds workshops on a regular basis to provide regenerative practices to the community. She is a firm believer that people must take responsibility for their own environment in order to live a sustainable and equitable lifestyle.
Jaime strives to balance her hectic architectural career with her yoga and meditation practice. Moving into a regenerative way of thinking, she looks at how we can upcycle, recycle and renew to minimize our impact on the earth.
What You’ll Get Out of Tuning In:
- How to live a sustainable and equitable lifestyle.
- How to align your inner world with the dharma in your outer world.
- How to upcycle, recycle and renew resources.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Secrets of the Six Figure Yoga Teacher: a step-by-step guide on super-charging your wellness business
- Doctors and nurses have a real role to play in yoga health coaching, sacrificing their own health for their career of helping others – Anna
- Regeneration is the new buzzword and I apply it to my architecture and yoga work to join the two together – Jaime
- This is a process of unlearning to create a space for yourself – Jaime
- 8:00-8:33 The culture we are sustaining is degenerating us.
- 9:09-10:02 Mastering the process of regeneration within ourselves.
- 10:00-10:44 Finding balance in our outer and inner world.
- Yoga is a regenerative practice unto itself. Jaime
- You are helping people thrive as a yoga health coach using your zone of genius in the architectural world. Anna
- Your people who are on a transformational journey want to see results in terms of habit evolution. They must be honest about their body habits.Anna
- Resources used to be so precious and we used to upcycle, recycle, renew. Jaime
- People that are joining my program are coming from a mechanistic worldview. Jaime
Jaime has a diverse spatial and policy skillset having worked across architecture, urban design and strategic planning in government and private organizations. Jaime has designed and delivered sustainable solutions in bespoke residential architecture, prepared complex structure plans to guide inner-city renewal in some of Sydney’s most recognized centers, and prepared strategic plans and policies for the Local Government and the Planning Institute of Australia. Having qualified as a yoga and meditation teacher in 2015, Jaime also regularly curates workshops, courses and public classes to offer the community regenerative wellbeing practices grounded in traditional Yoga and Ayurveda, and emerging behavioral- and neuro-science.
Jaime’s work supports her belief that all development professionals must own their duty as custodians of the built and natural environment to create environmentally sustainable, equitable, and engaging places for all. She knows that this kind of leadership takes a resilient mindset and rhythmic wellbeing that is deeply attuned to place and practiced in the community. Jaime founded Place Philosophy in 2021 to bridge the gap between leadership education, wellbeing, and regenerative practices.
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- Coach of the Month: Suanna Geater
- How to Talk to More Leads: Coaching Gym with Christina Sjoberg
- Product Market Fit for Your Wellness Pro Career
- Coach of the Month: Marcella Fulco
- Next level Wellness Pro: with Emily Glaser, Ayurveda
- Group Membership Coaching: Difficult Members, Difficult Situations