Often, we tell ourselves that it takes a certain type of person to achieve the things we want in life, and that we just don’t have what it takes. We come up with all kinds of reasons that we can’t do what we want, or be who we want to be. We get stuck in old mental patterns, or sanskaras, and believe that this is just the way life is.
In today’s episode, Cate and Grace talk about all the ways we disqualify ourselves, and how we can break out of these limiting beliefs and outdated patterns to design the person we want to be, the business we want to create, and the life we want to live. You don’t have to be a certain kind of person to do the things you want to do. You don’t have to wait for someone else to give you permission or encouragement. You can have it all, but you have to decide you want it, and change the way you think to get it.
So tune in to find out how you might be limiting yourself, and how you can change to unlock the person you want to become next.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why you are never too old (or too young) to make a change
- What you’ve written off, and why you should reconsider
- How to break free from your sanskaras and design the life you want
- Jill Runnion Website
- Plan your 2018 Webinar
- Check out McIntosh Wellness essential oils suggestion by Lori
- 0:30 – You are never too old to make change! In fact, it might actually be easier to learn new things because of the years of wisdom you have to learn from.
- 7:20 – Sanskaras are like ruts or grooves in neural pathways: they are unconscious replays of the same mental pattern. By shifting those thoughts, you’re already breaking out of those grooves, you’re already making progress.
- 11:30 – Get into a group that’s propelling growth, and that can be your support system for your own personal evolution.
- 13:30 – Don’t wait for someone else to tell you to do something. Whatever you want to do, whoever you want to become next, you can do right now, without someone else’s permission.
- 15:30 – The more complex you become physically, mentally, and emotionally, the simpler your lifestyle becomes, and the more you can experience bliss and joy.
- “How do you design for what you want, instead of just the replay?” – Cate Stillman
- “You know a lot of these things about yourself, but sometimes they almost become blind spots, and it takes somebody else to come and say [it].” – Grace Edison
- “There’s a practice of becoming who we want to be. It’s just a practice.” – Grace Edison
- “I remind myself that I have so much more to learn, and that’s exciting. It doesn’t disqualify me. It doesn’t mean I can’t do it.” – Grace Edison
- “Stop waiting for someone else to tell you how great you are before you do what you really want to do.” – Cate Stillman