28 May Building an Online Yoga Community with Mado Hesselink
Are you just starting out and trying to grow your audience? Or you have an audience but want to convert it into paying costumers? Listen to my conversation with Mado Hesselink and learn everything!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Depending on how long in the future this goes out, we can talk about taking your business online, which is what everyone in my community is talking about. I moved my business almost entirely online about 2 years ago, so I'm sure between the two of us there would be a lot to say.
- I also have an unusual take on impostor syndrome that twists the usual narrative about it in a way that the people in my community have found to be really helpful.
- I'm always up for chatting about yoga philosophy – right now I'd be thinking about how to apply it in times of turmoil and uncertainty.
- Yoga, leadership, habits, and small business are the topics from the list above that overlap with my own interests and expertise.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate shares why she is not on youtube
- Cate explains the importance of knowing yourself in business
- Cate talks about the role of funneling your energy
- 05:13 What marketing research shows
- 14:18 Different business models
- 21:26 Impostor syndrome
- Favorite Quotes:
- “What are your ethics? How do you want to serve?”
Mado helps yoga teachers make a bigger impact through mentoring, coaching, online courses, and the Yoga Teacher Resource Podcast. Growing up in the jungles of Hawaii, this former bookworm was introduced to marital arts and then yoga while in college. Fascination with the intricacies of the human body and mind led Mado to devote herself to the study of human thriving through the lens of yogic practice and philosophy. After 15 years of full time teaching, she started the yoga teacher resource podcast to provide the guidance she wished for as a fledgling teacher.