Coach of the Month: Brooke Bailey on Marrying East and West
In this podcast episode, Cate talks with August Coach of the Month, Brooke Bailey, about marrying eastern mindset with western mindset, left brain with right brain, masculine with feminine.
Brooke is a certified Yoga Health Coach, ParaYoga© Level 1 Certified Teacher, Four Desires Trainer, and a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance. She also happens to have an MBA in International Management. The common ground that Brooke has found between her business background and her wellness career is connection: connection with self and connection with others. The benefit of her two diverse backgrounds (business and yoga) is that she can help others find a balance between the two.
Living, working and studying abroad for several years provided Brooke with the opportunity to broaden her understanding of others through cross-cultural experiences. Using these experiences, she developed a coaching and teaching approach that is easily accessible to students from a variety of different backgrounds. Brooke is able to draw on her academic education to deliver her course in a practical manner that is accessible to people of different backgrounds who may not have any experience with yoga or ayurveda.
As a YHC Mastery mentor, Brooke is interested in watching the dynamics of the peer mentoring (“mastermind”) groups and witnessing the coaching and listening skills members develop. Personally, she is currently focusing on “Easeful Living” and balancing right brain and left brain.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Where the common ground lies between business and yoga.
- How group dynamics engender self-trust.
- Why longer online courses are more successful.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- 0:00 – Brooke started practicing yoga for stress relief. What she found was that her time spent on the mat led her to start questioning her choices off the mat. With an MBA in International Management, Brooke is able to draw on her academic background to deliver her course in a practical manner that is accessible to people of different backgrounds who may not have any experience with yoga or ayurveda.
- 5:05 – The common ground that Brooke has found between her business background and her wellness career is connection: connection with self and connection with others. The benefit of her two diverse backgrounds (business and yoga) is that she can help others find balance between the two.
- 8:30 – The group dynamic of Yoga Health Coaching can be a challenge for Westerners, but Brooke has noticed in her groups that the practice of listening to others can lead one to more fully trust one’s own intuition. The end result is that the entire group is elevated by the experience of connection.
- 12:52 – One of Brooke’s coaching success stories involves a woman who wanted to lose weight. Brooke explained that her ability to lose weight was tied to her ability to process emotions. The woman lost 20 pounds within her first 12 weeks of Brooke’s annual program and felt her results were worth more than the investment she’d made in the program.
- 15:05 – The benefit of the annual pass is that there is a continuum of breakdown to breakthrough. Within a year, the likelihood is that one will either backslide or face a new challenge or both. And chances are that life circumstances will hit hard during that year. Being able to lean into the support of the group helps solidify the habits and lifestyle.
- 16:38 – Brooke’s course members take the habits and the dynamic group guidelines into their work environments. Automating the mindset is just as important as automating the habits.
- 18:16 – All of the Yogahealer course are at least a year long now, and some are getting longer because people want to stay in the group. This is the opposite of what is happening with other online courses. The length of time allows for depth of growth.
- 23:20 – As a YHC Mastery mentor, Brooke is interested in watching the dynamics of the peer mentoring (“mastermind”) groups and witnessing the coaching and listening skills members develop.
- 28:27 – Brooke is currently focusing on “Easeful Living” and balancing right brain and left brain.
- “To me, business is about people. And it’s about connection.” — Brooke Bailey
- “You’re not just learning habits. You’re learning a different way of approaching your life.” — Brooke Bailey
- “You don’t really want to go anywhere, and you get that depth takes time.” — Cate Stillman
- “Anything we practice in Yoga Health Coaching applies to the rest of your life. It applies to your business. It applies to your relationships.” — Brooke Bailey
Brooke Bailey holds a BA in Management from Tulane University and an MBA in International Management from Thunderbird School of Global Management in Arizona, where she graduated with honors. Brooke is a certified Yoga Health Coach, ParaYoga© Level 1 Certified Teacher, Four Desires Trainer, and a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance.
Brooke works online with clients across the globe through her 10-week group coaching course, Journey to Thrive. Using the tools of Ayurveda, Behavioral Science and yoga she guides individuals to identify which goals are aligned with their unique purpose shows them how to create a lifestyle that supports those goals and teaches them a process for experiencing more joy and ease in their daily lives.
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- Coach of the Month: Suanna Geater
- How to Talk to More Leads: Coaching Gym with Christina Sjoberg
- Product Market Fit for Your Wellness Pro Career
- Coach of the Month: Marcella Fulco
- Next level Wellness Pro: with Emily Glaser, Ayurveda
- Group Membership Coaching: Difficult Members, Difficult Situations