Coach of the Month Lynn Taylor gives tips on … using your journey to help others find their Thrive.
Tune in and learn how to:
- Use your own story of finding Thrive to help others make the shift in their lives
- Help your clients fall into their own rhythm by adopting the lifestyle habits
- Leverage financial sacrifice to help people really commit to upleveling their habits through your course
- Reflect back what people tell you in their own words to help them realize the gravity of what they’re saying
- Ask AWE (And What Else) to encourage people to share more
In this episode I rap with Lynn Taylor about:
Tips on strategic onboarding and how it can help you:
- Learn which students are ready to commit to finding their Thrive through your course
- Prepare your potential clients for the coming course
- Trade on your results rather than on your time
- Find your tribe!
- 7:35 – Instead of looking at specific illnesses and diseases as separate, we should investigate the similarities between them in order to paint a picture of how people are breaking down, and figure out what we can do to repair them.
- 10:10 – As a Yoga Health Coach, sharing your story with your clients can help them relate to you and realize that they need to make a shift in their lives.
- 21:10 – You don’t have to know the ins and outs of every disease your clients may have. All you have to know is how to help them fall into their own rhythm, and the rest will take care of itself.
- 25:30 – Don’t give away your talents for free! Your experience is worthy of capital, AND it’s actually beneficial for your students to sacrifice something in order to make a commitment to your course.
- 28:20 – You don’t have to fix everything about a person’s life within a single strategy session. Pause and get the full picture of a person, take in the gravity of what they’ve told you, and then reflect everything back to them. Only then should you proceed with overhauling their health and lifestyle issues.
- 31:50 – Onboarding participants to your course should be a strategic process: only take on individuals who are truly ready to dive in and give it their all. If they aren’t ready, they won’t gain anything from the course, and they’ll just take away from the course for everyone else participating.
If they are ready, it’s a Win-Win-Win:
- A win for the person joining because they’ll learn much more from the course
- A win for the rest of the students in the course because that person is actively and productively participating
- A win for you because it allows you to go deeper with all of your students, and be financially compensated along the way.
- “Putting a bandaid on it to just be able to function wasn’t good enough.” – Lynn Taylor
- “Our injuries are our greatest teachers.” – Lynn Taylor
- “I feel like I’ve literally been given a second chance at life.” – Lynn Taylor
- “For so many people, you are the wakeup call.” – Cate Stillman
- “You’re not going to effort toward balance; you’re just going to fall into rhythm.” – Cate Stillman
- “If you’re not helping them rewire everything they’re doing outside of your yoga classroom, you’re not going to see the kind of significant change that you’ll see when you start to add the coaching.” – Lynn Taylor
- “Your experience is worthy of capital!” – Cate Stillman
- “The way that you prepare your members to receive — that’s on you.” – Cate Stillman
- “People need to hear it back in their own words.” – Cate Stillman
Lynn has taught yoga for over two decades and has studied it for thirty-five years. She first moved to Los Angeles to become a television executive, and found herself struggling with chronic health issues that began in the early eighties and recurred on and off until she joined Yogahealer’s Living Ayurveda Course. The habits she practiced throughout her life had taken their toll on her body, mind, and spirit, but she found that when she upleveled her habits with LAC, her chronic disease symptoms took care of themselves.
After witnessing the transformation this course had on her own life, Lynn became a Certified Yoga Health Coach. She now inspires people to live a more vibrant life by sharing her story and helping them realize their potential and find their Thrive.