Doing Things Differently: How to Get Better Results From Better Marketing Behaviors with Cece LaCena
Are you suffering from the belief that marketing is slimy? Listen in to learn how to shift your mindset around the key to your success as a wellness professional.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why it’s important to uproot your “brules” around money.
- How to shift your beliefs about marketing.
- How to change your behavior around marketing.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate talks about how she built up a local clientele after moving from San Francisco to rural Idaho and Wyoming.
- 0:25-2:17 – Introduction.
- 2:18-12:57 – Overcoming poverty mentality.
- 12:58-19:32 – Shifting your mindset: marketing as service.
- 19:33-24:43 – Changing your behavior: how to reach the people who need your service.
- 25:44-31:15 – Becoming obsessed with success: 10X your actions until you have the perfect formula.
- “Marketing is a service.” — Cate Stillman
- “You have to build a structure for your mind, and you do that by taking different action.” — Cate Stillman
- “There’s nothing weird, or slimy, or not helping people about marketing. It’s a fear of either being seen, being out there, standing in the conviction of ‘I know something that can help someone.’” — Cate Stillman
- “Doing things differently usually brings up discomfort in people, just like, I mean, holding a two-minute handstand brings up discomfort unless you’re holding a two-minute handstand every night. They’re no different. It’s all tapas, right? So why is marketing, why is that not the funnest thing for you to do? Like, you wake up and get out of bed, and say, ‘I get to help people for free.’” — Cate Stillman
Cece LaCena is a Yoga Health Coach with 30 years experience in Naturopathy, Nutrition and Vibrational medicine. She started doing yoga at the age of 9, and began to share it with others 10 years aqo. Cece’s co-founded Sutra Journal, an online magazine on Tantric Philosophy and Arts in 2015, and collaborated with projects at MIT Pune, India and Exeter, UK as part of the The Centre For Biofield Sciences & Biofield Research in 2000.
Cece’s healing journey began when she was 20, and moved to London following the years of domestic abuse, teen debauchery and strife. In spite of not knowing anyone in the UK, nor having any money, or even an idea how she will deal with all the logistics, she had ONE motivating reason – to find out how to reconnect with her life’s path and serve and be happy. The journey was challenging and inspiring, and continues to be so. At the age of 22 she was diagnosed with cervical cancer, and this pushed her deeper into study of ways of altering the body’s frequency to access healing and health on all levels.
Surfer of life, experimenter and a hedonist, she always loves a good laugh.
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- Product Market Fit for Your Wellness Pro Career
- Coach of the Month: Marcella Fulco
- Next level Wellness Pro: with Emily Glaser, Ayurveda
- Group Membership Coaching: Difficult Members, Difficult Situations
- DM’ing to Boost Your Sales for Wellness Pros
- How to Find Where You Lose a Lead in Sales Stages