Setting the Right Goals for Your Next Growth Phase
This is Cate Stillman with Grace Edison, an enrollment coach at Yogahealer and Yoga Health Coaching. And we are talking today about setting the right goals for your next phase of growth. This is easier said than done. Often people set goals, but they’re not the right goals. Sometimes they set goals that are way beyond their skill level, and it becomes to challenging to actually accomplish them. Other times they set the wrong goal, which doesn’t build the right competencies to get to where they want to go next.
How do we set the right goals to lead us into our next stage of growth? And how can we actually achieve them? Tune in to find out.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why you might be setting the wrong goals to get you to your next growth step
- How to set the right goals to actually achieve them
- Why you should time budget for all of your goals
- 0:45 – Setting the wrong goals can lead us down a path that doesn’t build our competencies in a way that gets us to our next growth step efficiently. We can make broader, three-year phase plans in order to guide our smaller goals.
- 2:30 – How can you tell that a goal is too big? Sometimes our ambition is high, but we don’t know what actually needs to happen. Body wisdom and check-ins can guide our intuition to recognize if that is the case. If it feels ungrounded, then it is.
- 3:40 – Our goals should have a metric, a measurable number often representing impact or income. Once you have an impact or income goal, map it backwards to the strengths you have to leverage right now, and which ones you need to develop.
- 5:50 – It’s helpful to have someone weigh in on whether you have the skills or capacity to reach your goals. This person should be someone who cares about you and who knows your tendencies, and who is also grounded in reality.
- 15:00 – If you want to accomplish something, talk to people who have done it before, and make sure it is what you really want to do. Then inquire about how you can get more information, and make a plan to get it done.
- 20:45 – Instead of trying to get it right every time, allow yourself to build the habit of developing a system around your goals, and grow from your lessons learned along the way.
- “There’s this bigger goal, and then we have to work it back so it doesn’t feel foreign.” – Grace Edison
- “It should be a fairly linear path.” – Cate Stillman
- “If it feels ungrounded, then it is.” – Cate Stillman
- “What do I need to develop to hit that goal?” – Cate Stillman
- “This is part of the exhale of life. The exhale gives you the time to reassess.” – Cate Stillman
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- How to Talk to More Leads: Coaching Gym with Christina Sjoberg
- Product Market Fit for Your Wellness Pro Career
- Coach of the Month: Marcella Fulco
- Next level Wellness Pro: with Emily Glaser, Ayurveda
- Group Membership Coaching: Difficult Members, Difficult Situations
- DM’ing to Boost Your Sales for Wellness Pros