Using a Signature System to Grow Your Wellness Career
In this Changemaker Challenge Career Clarity Session, Cate chats with Yoga Health Coach Dana Skoglund about how building a signature system or leveraging an existing signature system can propel your wellness career to the next level. Building a signature system involves codifying your life’s work coupled with what you’ve learned from others into a system that is succinct and easy to integrate. Dana has successfully used and expanded upon Cate’s Yoga Health Coaching System to create her own signature systems.
Leveraging an existing system requires a growth mindset – the ability to learn from and benefit from someone else’s work. Is your native genius to build and create your own system, or would you benefit more from leveraging your own system? Listen in as Cate and Dana discuss how Wealth Dynamics can help you determine your best course of action.
Once you’ve decided which course of action is right for you, using tools to develop and refine your system, allows you to see its strengths and weaknesses. Creating and emphasizing codified language around your system makes it easier for clients and course members to identify and understand key components of your system. Finally, the success of your system is dependent on your ability to constantly refine and upgrade the user experience.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How committing to a growth mindset allows you to see the value and wisdom in systems that are unfamiliar to you.
- How learning, using, and teaching someone else’s system can propel your career to the next level.
- How using tools can help you see the strengths and weaknesses in your own signature system.
- Body Thrive
- Yoga Health Coaching
- Changemaker Challenge
- Bowspring Yoga
- Wealth Dynamics
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Draw Backwards
- 1:00 – A system codifieds your life’s work coupled with what you’ve learned from others into a system that is succinct and easy to integrate.
- 1:40 – The ability to learn from and benefit from someone else’s system requires a beginner’s mind, a growth mindset.
- 12:40 – Is your native genius to build and create your own system, or would you benefit more from leveraging your own system?
- 18:00 – Using tools to develop and refine systems, allows you to see the strengths and weaknesses in your signature system.
- 22:19 – Creating and emphasizing codified language around your system makes it easier for clients and course members to identify and understand key components of your system.
- The more we already know something, the harder we make to really be able to receive someone else’s zone of excellence and zone of genius and their incredible insight. — Cate Stillman
- When you’re learning a system that you’re not familiar with, it’s uncomfortable in the beginning. — Dana Skoglund
- I find that knowing your system [Yoga Health Coaching], and having gone through that system and seeing what works about that system, allows me then to expand on it and create my own systems. — Dana Skoglund
- What are you learning right now that you need to just turn around and teach? And by that I mean today or tomorrow or within the next 24 hours? Because if you put a delay on it, it just means that you’re not going to be integrating what you’re trying to learn. — Cate Stillman
- You have to be always seeing what’s the next way I can make this better and how can we improve on the old system. — Dana Skoglund
Dana Skoglund is a Certified Yoga Health Coach, Yoga teacher, and mother of two rambunctious young boys. She’s been studying Yoga since 2000 and teaching since 2004, and she has over 1,000 hours of training in the styles of Jivamukti, Anusara, and Sridaiva. Her desires to take her health and well-being into her own hands and to learn how to keep her family healthy led her to Ayurveda in 2011.
After implementing daily routines from Ayurveda and noticing the profound impacts they had on her energy and happiness, she began coaching clients into these better body habits in 2013. She aims to inspire others about the importance of health habits in crafting the lives of their dreams. Dana is also deeply passionate about travel, adventure, learning, movement of any kind, and the arts.
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- Coach of the Month: Suanna Geater
- How to Talk to More Leads: Coaching Gym with Christina Sjoberg
- Product Market Fit for Your Wellness Pro Career
- Coach of the Month: Marcella Fulco
- Next level Wellness Pro: with Emily Glaser, Ayurveda
- Group Membership Coaching: Difficult Members, Difficult Situations