Your Year in Review: A Time for Reflection and Growth
Hi everyone, it’s Grace here with Cate with number 10 of the Changemaker Challenge! I’m really looking forward to this conversation. I’m going to switch it up a little bit today and have Cate mentor me through some things that I don’t think I’m alone in this time of year. I caught myself moving into an old, conditioned mindset of moving into stress, instead of what I noticed: there’s all this opportunity happening right now in terms of planning for next year and reaping the benefits of the seeds that I’ve sown this year. I feel like there’s opportunity for investing in my business and taking things to the next level, and I don’t want to lose that momentum just because it’s the holidays. So I’m stoked to talk about this with you today.
If you feel similarly, I can’t wait for you to tune in and get some insight from our conversation!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to realign with your values for the coming weeks
- Why you should avoid the ‘stuff grab’ that is so common during the holidays
- How to reflect on the past year for efficiency in the coming one
- 3:00 – For many, through materialism and the chaos of the holidays, this season is a time for getting out of sync and then having to regain momentum again come January. But if we can get away from that, it is actually a time for the deepest internal processing.
- 6:30 – Understand your own values so you can make values-based decisions during the holidays and then into the New Year. What is actually in line with your values? What do you really want to do, to buy, to have right now?
- 10:00 – Digest the deeper lessons learned from the last year: How did you grow? What did you learn? How did you miss your target? When we allow that process, while holding the vision of who we want to become next, we can make choices to make our future goals happen.
- 15:00 – Feel into your true desires for evolution and growth during this time of year, instead of falling into old patterns of consumerism and self-sabotage. Don’t wait until January to follow those desires – follow them now!
- 17:30 – Keep going to depth: Find the core of those inequities where you need to reconcile what could have been and what was, as well as the deep celebrations of where you’ve come in the last year.
- 19:00 – Practice receiving the presence of each other. So much of the holidays are giving and receiving, but what people really need is deep, loving attention. We can all give that to our friends, our family, and ourselves.
- “It’s a time of the deepest reflection, and planting the most intentional seeds.” – Cate Stillman
- “What’s going to be the next best step in moving forward?” – Grace Edison
- “What normally has happened this time of year is I take myself a few steps back, and then I have to regain that momentum come January.” – Grace Edison
- “If we’re in a rapid growth path.., we’ll notice that every time we do the holidays, things look really different.” – Cate Stillman
- “Using the dark to generate light.” – Cate Stillman
- “We enter the new year with intention and vision. The light is going forward: we can see.” – Cate Stillman
Grace Edison lives in British Columbia, Canada. She’s a mom of twin 8 year olds, a Yoga teacher, studio owner, and Yoga Health Coach — and she also works for Cate Stillman in Admissions at Yogahealer! More than anything, she loves to make people laugh and has a not-so-secret dream of doing stand-up comedy. Grace has a strong passion for empowering others to take their health and wellness into their own hands. She loves building authentic relationships, making people laugh, and creating supportive communities. After a long-standing relationship with severe depression, Grace has found deep relief through the habits of Ayurveda — and much credit is due to Cate and her Body Thrive program. After taking Body Thrive several times and jumping into Yoga Health Coaching, Grace came aboard the Yogahealer team.
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- Product Market Fit for Your Wellness Pro Career
- Coach of the Month: Marcella Fulco
- Next level Wellness Pro: with Emily Glaser, Ayurveda
- Group Membership Coaching: Difficult Members, Difficult Situations
- DM’ing to Boost Your Sales for Wellness Pros
- How to Find Where You Lose a Lead in Sales Stages