16 Aug Identity Evolution on the Yoga Health Coaching Career Path with Annie + Cate
In today’s Yoga Health Coaching episode, Annie Barrett and I sit down to talk about what happens as you develop as a Yoga Health Coach. It starts with the initial phase of getting through your pilot program and certification. Then business evolution happens as you set up systems to leverage the certification as a new income stream and business model in your career. And finally, there is what is actually possible once you follow through with your new business model.
For Annie, this last phase is happening in real time, and as it happens, it brings up a lot of identity evolution, risk-taking, and finding unstable ground, but also low-leverage vs. high-leverage activities and how it all aligns to dharma.
Join us as Annie walks us through her Yoga Health Coaching Certification path and how it has helped her discover her potential and live her dharma.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to uplevel your business to pursue your higher dharma
- How most people compartmentalize their lives, and why you should integrate yours for higher Thrive
- Why the Community Coaching model is the future of Ayurveda
- 3:20 – You can’t just meditate your way to good business! You have to actually build a skill set to take the necessary steps toward running a business.
- 6:20 – Developing your own signature system is key for creating a business model. In order to attract clients, you have to build your own strategic brand based on your passion.
- 12:10 – As you grow and change your wellness career, you may meet resistance even from previous clients who want the same services you’ve always had. But by leaning into your own dharma, you will be able to make a bigger impact on an even bigger scale.
- 16:00 – Most people are living segmented lives, where they compartmentalize their spiritual practice from their career, from their relationships, from contributions to their community, etc. This segmentation clogs the flow of prana, and creates excess ama! By becoming more integrated, you can rid yourself of ama and create a more vibrant life.
- 20:00 – Through a Community Coaching model, we can connect people to their ecosystem, their coaches, their peers, and themselves. By collaborating, we can create so much more than we ever could alone.
- “Is your yoga career actually just an expensive hobby?” – Cate Stillman
- “Somehow I thought if I just meditated long enough, the wisdom was going to come to me.” – Annie Barrett
- “What’s in it for the community?” – Cate Stillman
- “It comes down to this more and more intimate group setting that is highly transformative and highly community-based.” – Cate Stillman
- “What’s my body of work? Where do I take this?” – Annie Barrett
- “Women naturally collaborate… when we lean into each other’s strengths and give each other more voice, we all learn.” – Annie Barrett
- “When we start to get the power of collective leadership and co-creativity, it takes the pressure off!” – Cate Stillman
- “It stops becoming work and starts becoming quirk.” – Cate Stillman
As an educator, a Yoga teacher and teacher trainer, a Certified Yoga Health Coach, a spouse, and a mother of two amazing teens, Annie Barrett models and teaches folks how to thrive in body, mind, and spirit, and how to live purposeful, passionate lives. Annie has walked the householder Yoga path for 25 years, and she has a gift for making the wisdom teachings of Yoga fresh and accessible. She guides people into knowing themselves more deeply, embracing themselves more fully, and evolving into a state of well-being and expansive freedom. As a Certified Yoga Health Coach, she is trained and practiced in the daily habits and health principles of Ayurveda. She coaches and guides students into upleveling their health and reaching their full potential with proven habits for vitality, health, and happiness. Check out Vibrant + Soulful Living with Annie Barrett and join her community.