Learn to Time Bend with Dana Skoglund + Annie Barrett
Are you a Yoga Health Coach who struggles with time management? Do you feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day to engage in your own self-care and wellness habits, attend to your health-coaching business, and take care of your family or community? You’re not alone. As Yoga Health Coaches, we juggle a lot of balls. Many of us admit to feeling like we lack integrity with time.
In this episode, Annie Barrett speaks to Dana Skoglund — Yoga Health Coach to Yoga Health Coach — and learns how Dana has mastered the Yogi superpower of bending time. Dana shares her best strategies and tips for being productive and effective as a Yoga teacher, Yoga Health Coach, mother, and entrepreneur.
Annie raps with Dana about Mastering + Bending Time:
- Understand Yogi superpowers and why, as householder Yogis, learning to bend time (a.k.a. become a master of your time) is better than walking on water
- Dana’s struggles with time management and stress as a solopreneur and new mom
- Why women haven’t been getting good self-care and time-management models, and how Yoga Health Coaches can change that
- Dana’s strategies to help Yoga Health Coaches get organized and get in integrity with time via quarterly planning, time-blocking, and daily check-ins
- How Dana helps coaching clients learn time management
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to balance your own self-care and take care of your business
- How structure enables presence and flow, and how they’re the keys to easeful living
- Learn strategies for getting organized using time-management tools
- Learn Dana’s favorite books and resources on task-management and time-bending
- 3:30 — Here’s a quick rundown of Yogi superpowers you can nurture and develop. Dana has mastered the superpower of time-bending.
- 5:30 — It’s a common feeling among people that they simply don’t have enough time during the day to get done what they want to do. It leads to an experience of chronic stress. Dana and Annie agree it’s an issue in a culture that expects too much.
- 9:00 — Yoga Health Coaches teach people how to take care of themselves first. It’s an important skill that people aren’t doing, and it’s depleting their immune systems. We can’t be effective coaches if we aren’t taking care of ourselves, either.
- 16:15 — Learning new ways we can organize ourselves and our time, especially as we become Yoga Health Coaches, helps us and our clients.
- 19:00 — There are so many different habits and realms of learning within Yoga Health Coaching, and this highlights the importance of goal setting. What’s important for you to create next? Dana explains how to focus your attention and efforts here with quarterly, weekly, and daily planning.
- 23:30 — Dana expands on her explanation of time-blocking and creating a schedule that supports her. How can you make clear boundaries around self, work, and family time?
- 28:00 — Dana explains how she teaches the art of time-bending to her clients with meal planning, journaling, and turning the action of making better choices into a habit.
- “These habits we develop are kind of like Yoga superpowers.”
- “Women put too much pressure on themselves to do it all.”
- “We need to learn the skill of taking care of ourselves first. It doesn’t come naturally, and we don’t really know how to do it.”
- “There was no choice. I had to learn how to use my time differently and to be able to figure out ways to get all these new systems into place.”
- “There’s always room for improvement and ways to refine, and it’s continually expanding. But we do get to a point where we feel like we’re in charge of our time.”
Dana Skoglund is a Certified Yoga Health Coach, Yoga teacher, and mother of two rambunctious young boys. She’s been studying Yoga since 2000 and teaching since 2004, and she has over 1,000 hours of training in the styles of Jivamukti, Anusara, and Sridaiva. Her desires to take her health and well-being into her own hands and to learn how to keep her family healthy led her to Ayurveda in 2011. After implementing daily routines from Ayurveda and noticing the profound impacts they had on her energy and happiness, she began coaching clients into these better body habits in 2013. She aims to inspire others about the importance of health habits in crafting the lives of their dreams. Dana is also deeply passionate about travel, adventure, learning, movement of any kind, and the arts.
Annie BarrettView All Articles »
Annie Barrett: As an educator, a Yoga teacher and teacher trainer, a Certified Yoga Health Coach, a spouse, and a mother of two amazing teens, Annie Barrett models and teaches folks how to thrive in body, mind, and spirit and how to live purposeful, passionate lives. Annie has walked the householder Yoga path for 25 years, and she has a gift for making the wisdom teachings of Yoga fresh and accessible. She guides people into knowing themselves more deeply, embracing themselves more fully, and evolving into a state of well-being and expansive freedom. As a Certified Yoga Health Coach, she is trained and practiced in the daily habits and health principles of Ayurveda. She coaches and guides students into upleveling their health and reaching their full potential with proven habits for vitality, health, and happiness.
- Coaching Women into Deeper Dharma
- Stepping into Your Future Self: All About the Rapid City, South Dakota Retreat
- How to Homeschool & Run Your Health Coaching Business
- 7 Ways Family Meetings Harmonize Our Lives
- Learn to Time Bend with Dana Skoglund + Annie Barrett
- Why become a Yoga Health Coaching Mentor?