How to Homeschool & Run Your Health Coaching Business
Two Yoga Health Coaches, wellness practitioners and mothers talk about how to raise a family, run a business and still create time for your own personal growth.
Annie Barrett of Olympia, WA and Jessica Graham Robinson of Lander, WY discuss how the YHC program informs their parenting, how the values of homeschooling/alternative schooling relate to yoga and how to create support systems for ourselves and our families. They also describe what a balanced family day look like in relation to the chaotic nature of most days in most busy moms’ lives.
If you’ve ever struggled with motherhood and entrepreneurship, this podcast is for you.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to be a stellar parent, teacher and business owner at the same time
- What you need to know to balance family and work life
- Why you should practice self-care as a parent
- Patty Wipler, Hand in Hand Parenting
YHC Blog: Waldorf & Ayurveda: A Daily Rhythm for Parenting Freedom, By Jessica Graham Robinson
- 10:10 Jessica discusses how the concept of pulsation relates to raising a family, running a business, having discipline and enjoying freedom
- 13:10 Jessica talks about the habits that help her balance family life and work life. Earlier lighter dinners and a morning routine (dinacharya) are keystone habits for her.
- 28:34 Annie and Jessica discuss the importance of support systems and accountability partners in being successful.
- “Bookends, what we do in the morning and in the evening creates a container for how the rest of the day goes.” – Annie
- “In the evening, taking the time to visualize the day ahead. What is my intention and how does it flow? Rehearsing it and having a clarity of what tomorrow is.” – Jessica
- “There are going to be days that don’t go smoothly but when we know what rhythms feel like, we know how to get back there.” – Annie
- “Find those people who are going to lift you up and raise your vibration.” – Jessica
Jessica Graham Robinson is a yogi, mama, bodyworker, and a Yoga Health Coach (in training). She is owner of Sacred Space Healing Arts in Wyoming, where she homeschools her two children in the foothills of the mountains. Jessica is thrilled to be using the wisdom of Ayurveda to be guiding other mamas (with or without children) on the transformational journey from the dull and painful land of stagnation and resentment into the Kingdom of Thrive where they become Rhythm Champions!
You can find Jessica through her website, follow her on Instagram, and on facebook.
Annie BarrettView All Articles »
Annie Barrett: As an educator, a Yoga teacher and teacher trainer, a Certified Yoga Health Coach, a spouse, and a mother of two amazing teens, Annie Barrett models and teaches folks how to thrive in body, mind, and spirit and how to live purposeful, passionate lives. Annie has walked the householder Yoga path for 25 years, and she has a gift for making the wisdom teachings of Yoga fresh and accessible. She guides people into knowing themselves more deeply, embracing themselves more fully, and evolving into a state of well-being and expansive freedom. As a Certified Yoga Health Coach, she is trained and practiced in the daily habits and health principles of Ayurveda. She coaches and guides students into upleveling their health and reaching their full potential with proven habits for vitality, health, and happiness.
- Coaching Women into Deeper Dharma
- Stepping into Your Future Self: All About the Rapid City, South Dakota Retreat
- How to Homeschool & Run Your Health Coaching Business
- 7 Ways Family Meetings Harmonize Our Lives
- Learn to Time Bend with Dana Skoglund + Annie Barrett
- Why become a Yoga Health Coaching Mentor?