Owning It: Break Your Glass Ceiling
Hi everybody! It is Wednesday today, and it’s snowing in Terrace, British Columbia, Canada, and it’s beautiful. I’m here with Cate Stillman, and today we’re going to be talking about what breaking through income barriers feels like. In other words, when you step into your next level of income, stuff happens. I’m so excited to talk about this because I’ve been going through it personally, and I can’t wait to hear what Cate has to say about it!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What it feels like to break your income barriers
- How to create attunement with marketing
- How to own it to get to your next step
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Plan Your 2018 Webinar
- Tell your story on YHC Podcast to Grace. You know you want to!
- 7:15 – Getting from one income level to the next takes a mindset shift, strategy, right relationships, skills, and resources.
- 9:00 – Marketing is more than simple attraction: it is attunement. When you create attunement through your marketing, acculturation happens. This momentum allows clients to get on board more quickly and with less resistance.
- 13:10 – In the wellness world, some people use quick fixes to make big money, while others are just trying to make a living. For the rest of us, this work is about solving big issues in our world. This is why we are the future changemakers.
- 17:30 – It never feels like you’ve arrived: you have more skills, you’ve built relationships that sustain bigger dreams, you have more resources, you can make more impact. Rather than feeling like you’ve arrived, you feel like the goal just got bigger.
- 24:00 – Own it! Own your importance, your value, the help you provide to others. When you do this, you will become more accessible and trustworthy, and people will be able and willing to invest in your work.
- “What does flourishment look like in your bank account? And then what does that feel like?” – Cate Stillman
- “The skillset actually changes the mindset… once the skillset develops, the confidence increases, the authority in ourselves increases.” – Grace Edison
- “We are the changemakers. We need to learn how to make a very functional business, and start to exchange more value. We need to become bigger leaders.” – Cate Stillman
- “It’s so much easier to own what we do when we’re doing it together.” – Grace Edison
- “It always is going to feel scary, because you’re always going where you’ve never been before.” – Cate Stillman
Grace EdisonView All Articles »
Grace Edison lives in British Columbia, Canada. She’s a mom of twin 8 year olds, a Yoga teacher, studio owner, and Yoga Health Coach — and she also works for Cate Stillman in Admissions at Yogahealer! More than anything, she loves to make people laugh and has a not-so-secret dream of doing stand-up comedy. Grace has a strong passion for empowering others to take their health and wellness into their own hands. She loves building authentic relationships, making people laugh, and creating supportive communities. After a long-standing relationship with severe depression, Grace has found deep relief through the habits of Ayurveda — and much credit is due to Cate and her Body Thrive program. After taking Body Thrive several times and jumping into Yoga Health Coaching, Grace came aboard the Yogahealer team.
- What Makes a Good Webinar for Recruiting New Members
- Living in Alignment: Identity Evolution and the Art of Connection
- From Dead End Job to Dream Job: The YHC Archetype
- Getting Out of your Own Way
- Grace’s Take: Reflections and Lessons Learned
- The Importance of Deep Listening as Wellness Pros