Hello changemakers! It’s just Grace today, and I wanted to talk about some of the things that I got, the epiphanies that I had, watching Cate’s Dharma webinar on New Year’s Day. Have you ever watched a webinar and you hear something, and you pretty much don’t hear the rest because you get so locked in on one thing? This is kind of what happened to me. When Cate started talking about lessons learned, I really had a huge moment of reflection because this January is my two year anniversary from when I first started Yoga Health Coaching, and when I first came into the Yogahealer community.
So tune in to hear what I have gained, the lessons I’ve learned, and some of my reflections from the past couple of years. And after the podcast, I hope you can reflect on things you learned that you won’t repeat, and also things you learned that you want to keep. I hope this podcast is helpful to you for reflecting on your past year, and for launching into the new one. Enjoy!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why your problems are not unique
- How to use self-forgiveness to grow, learn, and transform
- What to do to reflect on lessons learned
- 1:45 – Lessons Learned aren’t necessarily mistakes made: sometimes, they’re what worked really well. By pausing to notice, reflect, and witness the transformation that took place, we can grow exponentially more than if we didn’t take that time.
- 8:00 – While we may not find a local community that supports us in our growth path, by having an online community in Yogahealer, we can connect with people who are directly aligned with our goals, intentions, and purpose.
- 9:00 – Our problems are not unique. There is usually someone out there who is going through or has gone through a similar experience, and we can help each other get through it.
- 10:00 – Forgiveness is a powerful tool, especially when we can direct it toward ourselves. Through a lens of forgiveness, instead of viewing things as mistakes, we can look at them as opportunities to grow and change.
- 12:40 – FAIL = First Attempts In Learning. The difference between failure and success is that we keep going and don’t quit. Failure is not finite, but rather an opportunity to learn something and continue in personal and professional evolution.
- 13:30 – The YHC community is completely based in helping each other and seeing each other’s potential. By having this community to go back to and receive help digesting our failures, we can take risks in a way that is completely supported.
- When we connect with people all over the world, it allows us to connect with people who are more aligned with our goals and intentions and purpose.” – Grace Edison
- “We need to be able to forgive ourselves for things that happened in the past: they’re all part of the process; they’re all part of the plan.” – Grace Edison
- “There are no wrong decisions.” – Grace Edison
- “Take risks. Feel the fear and do it anyway.” – Grace Edison
- “The difference between failure and success is that we keep going. We don’t quit.” – Grace Edison