People Skills + Scaling Your Leadership/Membership Community
In this episode of the Yoga Health Coaching Podcast, I sit down with Rachel Peters to discuss some key aspects of being a successful wellness professional. We break down the tools we need to help Yoga Health Coaches have an impact on a bigger scale. Tune in to learn what skills you need to cultivate in order to scale your leadership and your membership.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Cate and Rachel discuss how to cultivate compassion as a way of dissolving perfectionism, and why this tool is important in developing the ability to sit with discomfort.
- Cate talks about the book Scaling Leadership and the difference between highly reactive leaders and highly creative leaders.
- Rachel explains how her desire shifted from large-scale impact to deeper, smaller-scale impact.
- Cate explains why the desire to belong is an important facet to membership communities.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Rachel’s website
- Be a coach
- Have a conversation
- Discover more about Body Thrive
- Yogahealer Live Experience in New York
- 0:46-3:01 – Cate’s Intro.
- 3:02-5:52 – Rachel explains how her desire shifted from large-scale impact to deeper, smaller-scale impact. Cate explains why the desire to belong is an important facet to membership communities.
- 5:52-8:55 – Cate talks about the book Scaling Leadership and the difference between highly reactive leaders and highly creative leaders.
- 10:16-12:55 – How do you know whether you have good people skills?
- 12:56-17:55 – How do you keep people around and supported without having to do it all yourself? Identifying and cultivating mentors.
- 21:31-24:23 – Cultivating compassion as a way of dissolving perfectionism. The ability to sit with discomfort.
- 24:24-28:46 – Cate discusses the value of knowing your strengths and weaknesses when building a membership community.
- 28:48-32:30 – Cate explains how new members start to fit into a dynamic group.
- 32:30-37:07 – Cate and Rachel discuss how different personality types show up in a dynamic group.
- “If you have a sense of belonging and you show people how they can grow next and how they can lead . . now you’re scaling leadership.” — Cate Stillman
- “If you don’t build the infrastructure for [your course members] to step into [leadership], you’re never going to scale your leadership.” — Cate Stillman
Since 2001 Rachel has been supporting others through body, mind and heart-based yoga classes, trainings, mentoring and workshops. Her goal is to share how these practices have helped her shift into a more conscious, vibrant and easeful relationship to life and to support anyone who is ready to do the same. She’s been a serious practitioner and student of yoga from a young age and has thousands of hours of teacher training, immersions, workshops and retreats with phenomenal and inspiring teachers. In 2011 Rachel answered a deep calling and began her studies of Ayurveda with Cate Stillman at Yoga Healer. That same year, she began intensive studies with Paul Muller-Ortega of Blue Throat Yoga on the practice and theory of meditation and embraced a daily meditation practice that changed her life. These simultaneously launched her into a clear vision and daily approach of what she needed to do in order to thrive in the modern world. She now offers Ayurvedic Living immersions to help you to get light in your body, clear in your mind, and thrive in your life.
Cate StillmanView All Articles »
Cate Stillman founded Yogahealer.com in 2001 to guide Yoga people into Ayurveda and Ayurveda people into yoga. Built on the value of both personal and planetary thrive and a deep connect to one’s ecosystem, community and body, Yogahealer grew into a team, 2 podcasts a week, regular blogging, an arsenal of courses to guide people into their potential, an a professional community + certification program Yoga Health Coaching. Cate wrote and self-published Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga, an Amazon #1 Bestseller in Ayurveda, which helps people who dig yoga take a giant leap forward in their wellness trajectory with Ayurveda.
- Coach of the Month: Suanna Geater
- How to Talk to More Leads: Coaching Gym with Christina Sjoberg
- Product Market Fit for Your Wellness Pro Career
- Coach of the Month: Marcella Fulco
- Next level Wellness Pro: with Emily Glaser, Ayurveda
- Group Membership Coaching: Difficult Members, Difficult Situations