YHC Personal Evolution Paths with Grace Edison + Dr. Michele Colon
Name any trendy diet, and there’s a good chance Grace Edison has tried it — without lasting effects — over the years. Even with all that practice, she was stuck in a seemingly endless cycle of losing and gaining the same 50 pounds over and over again. Eating was a form of self-harm and emotional solace through difficult periods in her life, but on her personal evolution path, she broke free of old patterns that kept her body from changing. In this episode, Grace shares how the habits of Body Thrive helped her body figure out where it really wants to be, and how she has used her personal transformation and evolution to inspire and help others live in bodies they love.
Grace raps with Dr. Michele about:
- How to inspire others via your own transformation
- Why you need to stop jumping from diet to diet and instead create new habits
- How to hear the true cravings of your body
- 3:50 — Grace explains the massive transformation she underwent after a 10-week YHC pilot program with Dana Skoglund and how it prompted her to become a Yoga Health Coach.
- 7:00 — Weight-loss transformations happen naturally with YHC — bodies find that level where they’re meant to be, just like Grace’s has.
- 10:00 — Grace shares how getting into her proper body rhythms — through the 10 Habits of Body Thrive — made a massive impact on how her body reshaped itself. Earlier, Lighter Dinners and Early to Bed in particular have proven to really impact her life.
- 13:00 — We all need to go through a personal inquiry process to get to the root of our habits, spark change, and become grounded.
- 17:40 — Listening to what your body is really asking for and needing is one of the most critical steps toward changing your relationship with food and using it as fuel, not emotional support.
- 20:30 — Food can change more than our bodies — it can even change our thought patterns. Bad food can lead to thoughts of self-doubt.
- “It’s when people start asking you to teach what you’ve learned that you know you’re on the right path.”
- “There was a different quality of energy or vibration when people were around me — they could see there was a clarity in my eyes.”
- “It’s not a story of deprivation or magic pills.”
- “I was eating for self harm.”
- “All of that weight was keeping me stuck inside myself. It was like I was wearing a disguise or a bodysuit.”
For almost two decades, Dr. Michele Colon has dedicated herself to maintaining a private medical practice and providing exceptional care to her patients while at the same time studying Holistic Medicine, Ayurveda, Yoga, Reiki, Reflexology, and Acupressure. Dr. Michele believes that food is medicine and that Yoga, Ayurveda, and meditation are the keys to perfect health.
Dr. Michele has a Bachelor’s degree in Physiology, a Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, and a Doctorate in Podiatry with a specialty in Foot and Ankle Surgery. She’s also certified in Yoga, Reiki, Reflexology, and Laser Therapy. Dr. Michele has studied Ayurveda extensively and has worked with some of the best practitioners throughout California to bring Ayurveda to the forefront of medicine.
Grace EdisonView All Articles »
Grace Edison lives in British Columbia, Canada. She’s a mom of twin 8 year olds, a Yoga teacher, studio owner, and Yoga Health Coach — and she also works for Cate Stillman in Admissions at Yogahealer! More than anything, she loves to make people laugh and has a not-so-secret dream of doing stand-up comedy. Grace has a strong passion for empowering others to take their health and wellness into their own hands. She loves building authentic relationships, making people laugh, and creating supportive communities. After a long-standing relationship with severe depression, Grace has found deep relief through the habits of Ayurveda — and much credit is due to Cate and her Body Thrive program. After taking Body Thrive several times and jumping into Yoga Health Coaching, Grace came aboard the Yogahealer team.
- What Makes a Good Webinar for Recruiting New Members
- Living in Alignment: Identity Evolution and the Art of Connection
- From Dead End Job to Dream Job: The YHC Archetype
- Getting Out of your Own Way
- Grace’s Take: Reflections and Lessons Learned
- The Importance of Deep Listening as Wellness Pros