A majority of Western society is overweight. As a practitioner and/or student of ayurveda, it is difficult to assess whether excess weight is a vata or kapha issue. Cate shares her advice on how to tell the difference between vata weight and kapha weight as well as how vatas can work to bring balance (and weight loss) into their lives. Self massage, sipping warm water, even chewing gum are some of the habits Cate explains in this episode.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to tell if excess weight is vata or kapha
- What vatas need to know about weight loss
- Why you should drink a quart of water in the morning
- John Douillard hunger cravings article (there are several, here’s one)
- Garshana gloves
- Synthetic garshana gloves
- “Pace doesn’t matter. What matters is that you’re constantly moving into deeper alignment of who you want to be.” – Cate Stillman
- “The process of detoxification is really a process of igniting the agni” – Cate Stillman
- Your fasting minimum should be 13 hours. More advanced fasting can go up to 16 hours.
- Kaphas gain weight evenly throughout the body. Vatas do not; vatas gain weight in different parts of the body unevenly.
- Vata weight may stay on in order to ground a person who is airy and scattered.