How to Help Your Wired and Tired Students
In this episode, Cate explains why proper diet, lifestyle and rhythm are essential to breaking the stress pattern.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What’s really going on with your wired and tired clients.
- How to work with your wired and tired clients from Ayurvedic and practical perspectives.
- Why proper diet, lifestyle and rhythm are essential to breaking the stress pattern.
- How to address the pattern of hyperstimulation and emphasize rejuvenation.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Have a Career Conversation with one of our Coaches!
- Yogahealer Podcast
- Order Cate Stillman’s new book “Master of You”
- Cate explains the subtle doshas of prana, ojas and tejas and their roles in stress and rejuvenation.
- 0:25-5:00 – Intro – Breaking the stress pattern in ourselves and in the people we work with.
- 5:00-10:50 – The subtle doshas: prana, ojas, and tejas.
- 10:50-13:01 – Why proper diet, lifestyle and rhythm are essential to breaking the stress pattern.
- 15:20-21:50 – What is happening in your clients who are “wired and tired?”
- 21:50-27:08 – How to address the pattern of hyperstimulation and emphasize rejuvenation.
- 27:09-28:30 – Closing – Why we do what we do in Yoga Health Coaching.
- “Rhythm enables prana, tejas and ojas to increase in alignment together. And when that happens, you have deep, robust energy.” — Cate Stillman
- “If someone is overstimulated, it’s all cacophony. There’s not coordinated rhythm that creates music. Instead you have chaos.” — Cate Stillman
- “You have to help guide them to a place where they can become aware that they can choose to stop generating noise… that they can develop a discipline, a discipleship to the rhythm, to much deeper listening.” — Cate Stillman
Amy RodererView All Articles »
I joined the Yogahealer team in July of 2019. I have been a member of the Yogahealer community for almost four years, after discovering Ayurveda through my RYT200 training. I grew up in Vermont, so the idea of health being connected to the earth struck a chord deep in my heart. After working in the wine industry for 5 years and living in Raleigh, North Carolina for almost 10 years, my body was craving alignment with my soul, and I found my way to Bozeman, Montana. My pitta is enjoying the big sky, big snow, and very low humidity! I was ready to begin syncing my dharma and my work life. It is a dream come true to call myself part of the Yogahealer team!