Navigating Stress and Ambition for Wellness Pros
Trust your desire! Tune in to learn why helping others and having a lucrative business aren’t mutually exclusive pursuits.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to generate positive stressors and avoid negative stressors.
- How to clarify your ambition.
- How to achieve your ambition while avoiding negative stressors.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Have a Career Conversation with one of our Coaches!
- Yogahealer Podcast
- Order Cate Stillman’s new book “Master of You”
- Cate leads you through an exercise to help you clarify your ambition.
- Cate explains the 80/20 rule in yogic and Ayurvedic terms.
- 0:25-3:00 – Intro – What are positive stressors and negative stressors?
- 3:00-6:55 – Exercise – Get present with your ambition.
- 6:55-11:30 – What’s the easier way to achieve your ambition?
- 13:46-17:39 – Does your business model funnel your ambition while avoiding negative stressors?
- 17:39-20:44 – The 80/20 rule and how to avoid shiny object syndrome.
- 20:44-22:52 – How to efficiently and effectively use social media.
- 22:52-26:15 – How Yoga Health Coaching gives you the skills you need to achieve your ambition.
- “If 80% of your time is not generating 80% of your results, it’s not working.” — Cate Stillman
- “When you care so much about the people that you want to guide on a deeper healing journey, that you want to guide on deep transformational life awakening, when you care so much about that, you’re willing to examine your self . . . you’re willing to self-reflect; you’re will to study and say, ‘Okay, in looking back, what I see is this 80% of how I spend my time – can’t keep doing that. This 20% of what I did – that had impact. I gotta dial that up.’” — Cate Stillman
- “Trust your desire. Trust your desire to make a great living, to have a lucrative lifestyle. Trust your desire to really help people at the level that other people have helped you on your healing journey as a wellness pro. Trust in that.” — Cate Stillman
Tags:ambition, desire, journey, stress, transformation
Amy RodererView All Articles »
I joined the Yogahealer team in July of 2019. I have been a member of the Yogahealer community for almost four years, after discovering Ayurveda through my RYT200 training. I grew up in Vermont, so the idea of health being connected to the earth struck a chord deep in my heart. After working in the wine industry for 5 years and living in Raleigh, North Carolina for almost 10 years, my body was craving alignment with my soul, and I found my way to Bozeman, Montana. My pitta is enjoying the big sky, big snow, and very low humidity! I was ready to begin syncing my dharma and my work life. It is a dream come true to call myself part of the Yogahealer team!