11 Dec Brett Larkin: Youtube Yoga Teacher Training Success on How to Connect + Keep it Real
It’s scary to put yourself out there. Cate and Brett have been in your shoes. In this podcast episode, they share their insight and advice in the hopes of helping you on your path to becoming a wellness professional.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to overcome fear and follow your dream.
- Why it’s okay to figure things out as you go.
- How the internet makes it easier than ever to do the work you want to do.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Finding your true voice.
- Taking charge + sharing your message.
- Not needing permission to play a bigger game.
- Getting over the fears of being who you are, in person, or on the web.
- 0:30 – Introduction.
- 3:44-6:44 – Overcoming fear to follow your dreams.
- 6:44-11:57 – The history of women in healing and why we might feel fear when we put ourselves out there.
- 11:57-14:44 – Moving into voice and messaging and believing in yourself.
- 15:33-19:15 – Understanding that your individuality is your worth.
- 19:15-23:44 – The value of figuring things out as you go.
- 23:44-28:58 – Overcoming perfectionism and being in co-creation with the community.
- 28:58-31:11 – What happens when your yoga moves beyond poses and into your life.
- 32:32-35:19 – Finding your “why.”
- 35:19-38:37 – Overcoming limited mindset.
- 38:37 – Using the internet to find a community.
- “So many of my students . . . they’re in denial . . . about even wanting to step into the role of a healer, or wanting to step into the role of the teacher. . . .” — Brett Larkin
- “We’re all battling fear at every step of our journey, no matter where we are.” — Brett Larkin
- “You can only change and evolve once you’re in action.” — Brett Larkin
- “Get in action and give yourself permission to figure it out as you go.” — Brett Larkin
- “For me social media has always been a conversation. . . , noticing what conversations were happening and what conversations should be happening, what conversations were missing.” — Cate Stillman
- “I think so many women, myself included, have this disease called ‘perfectionism,’ and it just kills your business. It’s lethal.” — Brett Larkin
- “The internet makes it so magical and easy to get on live calls and group calls in programs like Cate’s or mine where you get to be with a tribe of people who are working through the same things as you and using the tools of yoga and ayurveda to find a new way . . . and then really live up to your fullest potential.” — Brett Larkin
Brett teaches to a global audience where her classes are streamed for over 4 million minutes each month. She offers yoga and meditation to ignite your best life and open into your full potential on and off that mat. Her greatest privilege is to work daily with such an inspiring yoga community. Students hail her precise cues, compassionate support and warm sense of humor. She has twenty-five years of ballet and modern dance training and is also a Massage Therapist specializing in myofascial release and unwinding. In her IT career, Brett created movement and dance videogames. She co-founded and sold two successful health & wellness businesses before developing Uplifted™ Yoga as a successful global business. She’s taught yoga in studios and at Silicon Valley’s hottest companies. In 2016, she won Youtube’s NextUp award as one of the top emerging channels on YouTube. She holds a BFA from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts and over 500 hours of yoga-specific training.